4.19.2007

Dehydration & Free Falls

I'm dehydrated. I'm dehydrated and I'm running out of juice. I drank water yesterday for the first time that day at around 7pm. This isn't good for me. I chugged that thing down like an ice cold beer during halftime of one hell of a basketball game, and it didn't quench my thirst. I stood there, unsatisfied. A little later on that night I tried drinking a nice, wide Oprah mug of milk. I haven't had milk in weeks, btw, and that, too...did absolutely nothing. Something's wrong. I'm not usually this thirsty...and unsatisfied. I'm dehydrated. I'm running out of juice.

If you know me well, you know that the above is a lot deeper than it sounds. There's a hidden meaning beneath such ramblings, believe it or not. Obviously, I like beating around the bush. It keeps me on the tips of my toes on an edge of a seat, anticipating some force to knock me over. And so what if I fall really, really hard and hurt myself. I bet you 6 apples I'll get right back on that chair and do the same thing over again. You'd think I'd learn the first time, but who ever does?

I didn't know it was possible to make the same mistakes over and over again. But now I understand why. It's because, this?...this is all we know. The way we do things? This is how we know how to do things. Even if it's not right, even if it's painful. We do it because it's who we are, and what we're passionate about. And you know what? "I'd rather do something I love badly than...to do bad by not doing something I love." So fuck it. I'll fall. Even if it hurts. I'll do it multiple times, voluntarily. Because this is what I know. Because this is what I love.

Currently listening: "El Salvador" by Athlete

No comments: